While researching the cashback industry in 2014, we were surprised to learn there was no overview of this global industry. A relatively small number of cashback companies were thriving in the US and UK and new startups blossomed in India, China and Southeast Asia.
We discovered more than 12,000 retailers actively using cashback strategies in their own e-commerce, partner and affiliate programs. Even more interesting, mobile services, apps, and new technologies launched weekly and venture capital financing poured into companies around the globe in established and emerging markets.
Little media coverage, industry perspectives or research existed and there was no single source to provide insight and news.
Cashback Industry’s first reference guide
The 2015 Cashback Industry Report is the first in-depth analysis and authoritative guide to the global cashback industry. It’s an essential reference for cashback companies, online merchants, retailers, financial and payment industries, venture capital firms, investors, cashback industry technologies and marketing strategists.
The report provides a detailed review and expert analysis of the industry, new developments and highlights, best practices, new product introductions, profiles of 235 leading cashback companies in every major market. Also included are VC financing highlights, trends, and projections for the future of the cashback industry worldwide.
What’s the industry overview?
In compiling the report, we gained some valuable insight and here’s a small sample of some of the research highlights contained in the report:
- size of global industry estimated at between more than $84 billion
- US e-commerce growth at 9% compounded annually to $414 billion by 2018
- Online Performance Marketing (cashback, coupons, price comparison, etc) generates 10% of UK ecommerce retail sales
- India’s ecommerce economy now worth $525 billion with 250.2 million users at June 2014
- mobile e-commerce will grow from $133 billion in 2014 to $516 billion in China by 2017.
- 64% of consumers belong to a rewards program
- 52% shop online to get the best prices and discounts
- 71% want products with high cashback rebates
- consumers at one nonprofit cashback site raised more than $5.04 billion for 12,000 causes in 164 countries since launching in 2001.
Report available with discount code
The report includes many more insights and best practices for leading cashback companies and retailers worldwide. You can read a report excerpt here.
Find out the industry research and trends that matter. Cashback Industry News readers can buy the report and get an introductory price and a 25% discount here.
Coming up in future posts, watch for profiles of leading cashback companies and retailers in major markets, news about startups, new technologies and research. Looking for Daily News? Subscribe for free and get cashback industry news highlights daily, Monday through Friday.