As publishers of the 2015 Cashback Industry Report, our research uncovered an industry poised to grow globally, hand-in-hand with the boom in e-commerce.
We profiled 234 of the world’s largest cashback companies including market leaders such as Quidco, TopCashback, Ominto, RetailMeNot, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Cashkaro and many more.
We also gained some fascinating insight into current research and the need for further investigation into the marketplace. That led us to launch the Cashback Industry News.
Fascinating facts about cashback
We hope you enjoy the following top 10 things you probably didn’t know about the cashback industry:
1. The global cashback industry was worth more than $84 billion in 2014. (Source: 2015 Cashback Industry Report)
2. US online shopping sales totaled more than $294 billion in 2014. Online shopping = 9% of US economy. (Source: Forrester)
3. Online Performance Marketing (OPM) – coupons, cashback, vouchers, etc – generates 10% of UK ecommerce retail sales or 1% of GDP.
(Source: PWC via Net Imperative)
4. Five cashback startups are VC “unicorns” with more than $1 billion-dollar valuations.
Including: Flipkart – $15 billion valuation (India), Snapdeal $5 billion (India), Global Fashion Group (Rocket Group incl Lamoda (Russia), Jabong (India), Zalora (Singapore) – $3 billion, Coupang – $2 billion (South Korea), Lazada – $1.3 billion (Singapore), Zomato – $1 billion valuation (India).
(Source: Venture Pulse Q2’15 Global Analysis of Venture Funding – KPMG/CB Insights)
5. UK consumers bought 125 million items on affiliate websites, up $24 billion in 2014. (Source: PWC via Net Imperative)
8. E-commerce in China will grow from $133 billion in 2014 to $516 billion in 2017. The future of global e-commerce and cashback is mobile. (Source: Resonance China)
9. India’s largest e-commerce company, Flipkart, will go all-mobile in 2016 and fashion subsidiary Myntra went mobile-only in June 2015. (Source: Tech2)
10. Just Giving: 21 million cashback customers raised more than $3.3 billion for 12,000 causes in 164 countries since launch in 2001. (Source: Just Giving)
Save 25% on global industry report